All Fraser Valley CUPE locals from Surrey to Boston Bar are welcomed and encouraged to affiliate with Fraser Valley District Council (FVDC).
Why Join the Fraser Valley District Council?
• To get a voice on your council and in your community
• To build stronger communities
• To share information and effective strategies
• To network with CUPE Locals from Surrey to Boston Bar
• To access bargaining resources and develop area-wide contacts
• To access educational opportunities for members, stewards, and union executives
• To get support for your campaigns and job actions
• To liaise with CUPE National, CUPE BC, and other labour organizations
• To speak with a united voice
When you belong to a CUPE Council, you are never alone!
Want to try us out first?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’d like to attend a general meeting as a guest. As a guest you can participate in the meeting but will not have voice or vote for elections or motions.
How to Join
- Send a letter of intent to the Fraser Valley District Council Secretary via mail (see address below) or email (email@example.com). At the following General Meeting, members will vote to accept your local as an affiliate of FVDC.
- Complete and submit a FVDC Delegate Form for each of your four (4) voting delegates
- Complete an Affiliation Per Capita Form and mail it to FVDC along with your Per Capita Cheque and Delegate Forms. Upon clearance of said cheque and paperwork, the local will be deemed to be a full affiliate to FVDC with voting rights as per the FVDC bylaws.
Fraser Valley District Council
co/Kalinda Naismith, Treasurer
#301A – 33140 Mill Lake Rd | Abbotsford, BC | V2S 2A5